OxfordCaps is Asia's first branded and technology-enabled Student Housing startup. It provides a technology-enabled and community-driven living experience designed for the millennial Students. Our online booking platform allows university students to book their ready-to-move-in student accommodation in Singapore and India. Once they move-in, our platform is used for end-to-end management of the accommodation units and for community engagement.
Understanding the Challenge
To understand challenge and business requirement we have interviewed respective teams Vice president and executives.
Here is our finding below:
Marketing Sales V.P and Team
- Leadership would have the ability to manage his team from the head office. For which he can assign users and define rights.
- Leadership wants to make the booking process digital so that he can track all property booking, inventory and transaction statistics.
- Leadership would have the ability to map every booking inventory with student detail, opted rental plan, security deposit, and transaction detail.
- Leadership would have flexibility in booking that the user can reserve his bed at a minimum booking amount. Rest of the amount he can pay before move-in date via multiple transaction methods.
- Leadership wants a feature of "add on services" which entitles students and parents to choose luxury offerings such as air conditioning, Balcony rooms, window room, cooler, etc.
- Leadership would have the ability to track all property's total inventory statistics and individual inventory statistics with room type and bed statistics and status ( occupied, partial booking, vacant).
- Leadership would have an ability to convert inventory type ( double sharing room to single sharing, triple sharing room to double sharing room or single sharing.
Sales and marketing managers and executive
- Managers and the executive would have the ability to make the booking on the platform.
- Managers and the executive would have the ability to see inventory detail of the assigned property.
- Managers and the executive would have the ability to assign a room number while making the booking or assign it later.
- Managers and the executive would have the ability to convert room type.
- Managers and the executive would have the ability to fill student and parent information mandatory.
- Managers and the executive would have the ability to fill plan detail (security deposit, effective rent, move-in, and move-out date, rent payment frequency)
- Managers and the executive would have the ability to take payment via multiple modes.
Finance V.P & Finance executive
- Leadership would have the ability to see all pan India booking and transactions.
- Leadership would have list students who has booked the room on a partial amount. The system should send a notification to those students and parents and the system should generate a red flag to finance if the move-in date is close, so the finance can take the required action.
- Leadership and the executive would have the ability of reconciliation of all transactions.
Scenarios vs Task Flow:
Just like any other design project, I first took to pen and paper to ideate, experiment, and really just get everything that’s in my head out in the real world.
Dashboard and booking list:
Metrics we used to measure the success of the design.
- Task success rate: the percentage of correctly completed tasks by users.
- Task completion time: the time it takes for the user to complete the task.
- Conversion: the percentage of users who take the desired action.